Tips for Sellers Home Staging Tips Home Renovation Tips Common Questions for Sellers
22 Questions to Ask a REALTOR® Real Estate Glossary Fit to Sell Video Series
22 POWERFUL QUESTIONS TO ASK A REALTOR® BEFORE YOU SIGN A LISTING CONTRACT TO SELL YOUR HOME
It's likely that you don't interview people very often. And yet, in order to find the REALTOR® who is right for you, you may interview several. The quality of your home selling experience is dependent upon your skill at selecting the person best qualified.
It's interesting that in the real estate business, someone with many successfully closed transactions usually COSTS THE SAME as someone who is inexperienced. Bringing that experience to bear on your transaction could mean a higher price at the negotiating table, selling in less time, and with the minimum amount of hassles.
The world is populated with REALTORS® who are wrong for you. For example, the housewife who sells an occasional house because she needs a little pocket change, or the insurance salesman who believes he can handle two careers, or perhaps your cousin, who really needs your business.
The sale of your home could well be the most important financial transaction you have ever been involved with. The person you select can make it a satisfying and profitable activity, or a terrible experience. It's your home, and your money. The choice of your REALTOR® is up to you. Make the selection carefully.
1. How long have you been selling real estate?
2. What is the percent of Sellers compared to Buyers that you serve?
3. Can we cancel the listing if we're not happy?
4. Do you have a licensed personal assistant?
5. Do you recommend that I hire an attorney?
6. May I see your resume or personal brochure?
7. What systems do you have in place that will keep you in constant contact with me during the listing
and the transaction?
8. Are you fully automated with your own personal computer, fax machine, copier, mobile phone, etc.?
9. May I see all the paperwork that you are going to ask me to sign?
10. What professional designations do you have?
11. I want to give my home the advantage of the latest marketing strategies. How much time & money
do you invest each month in professional training?
12. Why are you personally motivated to sell my house?
13. Why should I list with you rather than any other REALTOR® who is calling on me?
14. What kind of experience and training do you have in negotiations?
15. How many homes do you sell in a year?
16. Will you personally be there when contracts are presented and handle all the negotiations?
17. Do you have a web site?
18. Will you directly market the property on the Internet?
19. Do you follow-up on all showings on the house and report the comments back to me?
20. Do you have an assistant to make sure no details are overlooked?
21. What part of your business is from referrals/past clients?
22. Do you market with direct mailings on my property?